This is the Valentino Rossi ‘Hand Print’ helmet design in the AGV Corsa helmet range.
This is a replica of the design that Valentino Rossi wore for the 2014 Misano MotoGP and it is also known as ‘Give us a hand’.
The design features the handprints of some of the key people in Valentino Rossi’s life – and the helmet is adorned with coloured handprints from Rossi’s team, his mechanics, and even includes paw prints from his two Bulldogs (Cesare and Cecilia) and his cat (Rossano) which can be seen on the rear of the helmet. The sides of the helmet feature lipstick kiss imprints from Rossi’s mother Stefano and his girlfriend Linda. The helmet also features a fingerprint from Aldo Drudi – the man behind all of Rossi’s helmet designs.
Around the chin of the helmet is printed the phrase “Misano ci dà una mano”. This phrase is from an Italian advert and eventually became a well-know phrase, roughly translated it means ‘Misano give us a hand’ or more simply ‘Misano helps you’.
Video of Valentino Rossi revealing the 2014 ‘Misano ci dà una mano’ design:
The AGV Corsa range sits between the AGV K3 (entry level range) and the AGV Pista (high end range). It is a professional helmet that can be used on the road or the track, and it has many of the benefits that you would get with the AGV Pista helmet – the only real significant difference is that the Corsa comes with a system for opening and closing the air vents, which makes it more user friendly for street wear and makes the helmet slightly more flexible and versatile in the conditions that it can be used.
The SSL Carbon/Aramid/Fiberglass shell has the same silhouette and aerodynamic properties as the Pista GP and utilises the same revolutionary custom-fit interior, making the Corsa a striking and aggressive looking helmet.
- Carbon/Aramid/Fiberglass SSL (Super Super Light) Shell
- 4 shell sizes
- Clear rear aerodynamic spoiler
- ECE 2205, ACU GOLD
- Breathable Lycra® lining and Shalimar® fabric with sanitized treatment
- Fully removable and washable inner liners and cheekpads
- Custom fit adjustable liners and cheekpads (adjustment kit included)
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with large ducts hollowed into the shell for improved air circulation inside the helmet and better aerodynamic efficiency
- Switchable air intakes
- XQRS Visor mechanism (Extra Quick Release System) in metal with roto-translation opening. Visor front micro-lock system that reduces the risk of accidental opening in the event of an accident. Quick release system for tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds
- Race flat, Class 1 optical standards, anti-scratch and pinlock ready visor (pinlock included) with wide field of vision. Suitable for tear off strips (included)
- Double D Retention system
- Removable nose guard
- Removable windproof chin protection
- Weight 1350g (size MS)
- Sizes XS – S – MS – ML – L – XL – XXL
Watch the in-depth review of the AGV Pista from the Revzilla team
One thing to note: be aware that this Valentino Rossi design is a Limited Edition in the Corsa range, so when stock is gone, it really is gone. Maybe the design will make a return in the future in one of the AGV entry level ranges, but for now, the Corsa Limited Edition model is the only way to pick up this design at present.
Check pricing and stock below.
|Get the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Misano 2014 helmet from Revzilla|
|Get the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Misano 2014 helmet from MotorcycleSuperstore.com|
|Check out AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi helmets at Amazon|