This is probably one of the most famous of all Valentino Rossi’s special helmet designs. It is often known as the ‘Face’, ‘My Face’, or ‘Valentino’s Face’ helmet, and it was created for the 2008 Mugello MotoGP.
The helmet features a photograph of Rossi’s shocked face on the top, which was supposed to give fans a taste of what it felt like racing around the Mugello circuit.
The rest of the helmet was decorated with clouds and featured the Sun and Moon motif on either side of the chin. The number ’46’ appears on the rear in large yellow numbers.
Amazingly AGV have made this very unique design available in their high end GP-Tech range (it also had a short run in the K3 range), its a Limited Edition, but it can still be picked up from most good online outlets.
Video of Valentino Rossi revealing his 2008 Mugello helmet design – ‘My Face’:
The GP-Tech was created with direct feedback from Valentino Rossi. Find out about the background story and the genesis of the AGV GP-Tech below:
The GP Tech is probably the most technologically advanced and innovative motorcycle race helmet available. Developed in conjunction with 9 times MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi, the brief was simple, to make the most advanced and safest race helmet possible.
The AGV GP-tech uses a Kevlar-Carbon shell that is incredibly effective at absorbing and dissipating the energy of an impact. It also enables the aerodynamic properties, required when riding at over 200mph, to be achieved by the shape of the shell.
Using a brand new C.A.D. design process the AGV engineers were able to achieve an incredible aerodynamically efficient shell shape without the need for any spoilers of fins to be attached to the shell, this makes GP TECH incredibly stable at high speed, dramatically reduces neck fatigue and makes the helmet quiet at very high speeds. GP TECH is fitted with the RACE-X flat racing visor system, featuring tear off posts for racing or track days (tear off are included in the box!) and the AGV No Fog Shield anti mist system.
Internally the GP TECH was designed to offer the best fit possible for racing and sports riding, the anatomical fit is designed around the shape of a human head, giving maximum comfort when riding and a consistent fit throughout the lifetime of the helmet. The cheekpads, head lining and neck roll are all removable, washable, and replaceable, and are lined with Coolmax with a sanitized anti-bacterial treatment. The Coolmax lining combined with the Integrated Ventilation System help keep GP TECH cool and comfortable even in the extreme conditions.
- Kevlar-Carbon Shell in 3 sizes
- Multi Density E.P.S (inner shell)
- Integrated Ventilation System, flush vents and wide channels throughout the shell for maximum airflow and improved aerodynamic penetration
- Fully removable, washable Coolmax lining with Sanitized antibacterial hygienic treatment.
- Cheekpads and linings interchangeable to allow for a perfect custom fit.
- Race-X racing visor, Anti Scratch, Anti Fog 100% UV protection.
- XQRS; Extra Quick Release System, visor changing in seconds with no tools.
- Ready for Racing Kit Visor (permanent fixing of visor to base plates).
- Special visor micro adjustment chin vent for maximum de-misting.
- Aerodynamic – Teardrop shaped- shell, designed for minimum drag/lift, offering superior comfort and low noise.
- Double D-Ring retention system.
- Tear offs included.
- Removable and washable neckroll.
- Removable chin curtain
- Removable nose protector
- Free 3 year warranty extension on-top of standard 2 year warranty.
- Exceeds UN ECE 22.05
- S.H.A.R.P. 5 star rating
- ACU Gold
- Handmade in Italy
This is an in-depth review of the AGV GP-Tech helmet from Revzilla
Image gallery of the AGV GP-Tech Valentino Rossi My Face Helmet
Put simply, if you have the money then the GP-Tech is a premium helmet that is idea for everyday street use, but it really comes alive as a race helmet or for track days. It is built with an aggressive and slick design, and has been built with speed and safety in mind.
Check stock and pricing of the AGV GP-Tech:
|Get the AGV GP-Tech ‘Valentino’s Face’ at Amazon|