This is the ‘Boxer’ helmet design that Valentino Rossi wore for the 2012 MotoGP round at Misano.
Misano is Rossi’s home race….literally, the town where was born is only a few miles away, and every year Rossi wears a custom helmet design to celebrate the occasion.
The 2012 MotoGP at Misano was a little different in the sense that Valentino Rossi didn’t have too much to celebrate – he was struggling to get to grips with the Ducati and his results in the season so far where way off what was expected. In an attempt to poke fun at the situation, the helmet for the 2012 Misano MotoGP featured a cartoon of Valentino as a boxer, all bruised and beaten up, hanging on to the ropes to keep himself up. The cartoon of Rossi features a speech bubble where he he is saying “Come Vado?”, which basically means “How am I doing?”
The rear of the helmet features a cartoon of his Bulldogs, and the number 46.
This is a fun and very distinctive Valentino Rossi design, even if it isnlt celebrating one of the many high points of his career. Word of warning though, this is a strictly limited edition in the GP-Tech range, so once stock is gone, then it really is gone.
The GP-Tech is AGV’s premium helmet that is developed in conjunction with racers like Valentino Rossi, Andrea Iannone, Lukas Pesek, Stefan Bradl and many more.
Official Description of the AGV Valentino Rossi ‘Boxer’ helmet:
The limited edition replica is an AGV model that Rossi wears on a regular basis, the GP Tech. A top-of-the-range helmet, the GP Tech was designed and developed with the help of the nine-time World Champion, as well as vital knowledge and racing experience gained by technicians at AGV.
The GP Tech has taken the best features from AGV’s other race helmets, GP Pro and Ti-Tech, which results in the GP Tech being a lightweight, comfortable and extremely aerodynamic designed helmet.
- Outer shell available in three sizes with SSL layering (Fibreglass, Kevlar, Carbon)IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with extensive ducting directly in the shell for more efficient air flow inside the helmet and improved aerodynamic performance
- Three front air inlets and five rear extractors
- Micro aperture visor system for efficient anti-misting even in the most extreme conditions
- New visor mechanism using the XQRS (X-tra Quick Release System) for fast, tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds. Safety system prevents detachment of the visor in the event of a fall
- Removable nose guard
- Removable wind-proof, throat protection
- Fully removable and washable inner liner (including neck roll)
- Hygienically treated fabrics with differentiated zones for maximum comfort: high humidity absorption Cool Max on forehead, temples and nape of neck; super breathable fabric for effective air circulation at the top of the head; soft microfibre for a cool, comfortable fit on cheeks
- Double D retention system
- Sizes: XXS-XXXL
Check out the in-depth review from Revzilla:
Image gallery of the Valentino Rossi Boxer helmet:
|Get it at Revzilla|
|Get it at FC-Moto|
|Get it at Amazon|