AGV have dug into the vaults to resurrect this classic Valentino Rossi helmet design, known simply as the ‘Valentino Rossi 46’ helmet.
This helmet design was worn by Valentino Rossi during the 2003 and 2004 MotoGP seasons – 2003 was the last season he spent on a Honda, and he moved to Yamaha in 2004.
This is probably in out top 3 favorite Valentino Rossi helmet designs, purely because it is unlike most of his other helmets in favoring quite a dark colour scheme, plus the simple use of the Sun and Moon on either side of the helmet and the jagged rays coming off the sun make this a really aggressive looking design.
As usual for Valentino Rossi’s helmets, the original design was by Aldo Drudi, and this is one of the all-time classic Rossi designs, made even more significant by the fact it was the helmet that he won the MotoGP championship in in his first season at Yamaha.
This Valentino Rossi helmet design hasn’t been available for a long time, so it is great that it now being released in the bestselling AGV K3 range. Depending on where you shop you can pick up one of these for around £100, which is amazing value for a quality road helmet with race replica graphics. The AGV K3 borrows many premium features that were originally developed from their premium range helmets like the GP-Tech and the Pista GP.
Official description for the AGV K3 Valentino Rossi ’46’ helmet:
The K3 is AGV’s entry level full face helmet and is designed to offer a rider on a budget the experience of owning a premium product. The AGV K3 has a very high specification and is packed with features such as a quick release micro-metric buckle and a clear, anti-scratch & anti-fog polycarbonate Street 8 visor.
The K3 uses AGV’s proven HIR-TH (high resistant thermoplastic) resin shell construction, this shell is very strong and has excellent shock absorbing properties, however the manufacturing process is much quicker and simpler than an equivalent fibreglass shell. This ultimately is reflected in the price of the helmet enabling riders on a budget to have an exceptionally safe and well made product at the fraction of the price you would expect to pay for a premium branded helmet.
- HIR-TH (high resistant thermoplastic) resin shell
- Multi Density E.P.S. inner shell.
- Dynamic ventilation system, aerodynamic front intakes and rear extractors
- Fully removable, washable Dri-Lex lining with Sanitized antibacterial hygienic treatment. (K3 basic; Dry comfort liner replaces Dri-Lex)
- Street8 visor, with NFS anti fog coating, anti scratch and 100% UV protection. (K3 basic no anti fog coating)
- XQRS; Extra Quick Release System, visor changing in seconds with no tools.
- PVS Perimetrical visor seal (improved sealing and low noise).
- Micro-metric adjustable retention system. (K3 basic seat belt style buckle)
- Aerodynamic rear spoiler/extractor. (K3 basic no rear spoiler)
- Removable chin curtain (K3 only)
- Removable nose protector (K3 only)
- S.H.A.R.P. 4 stars
- ACU gold
- Exceeds UN ECE 22.05
- 2 year warranty plus optional free 1 year warranty extension
- Sizes XS-XXL
Image gallery of the AGV K3 Valentino Rossi 46 Helmet:
Video review of the Valentino Rossi 46 helmet:
|Get the AGV K3 Valentino Rossi 46 Helmet at SportsbikeShop.co.uk|
|Get the AGV K3 Valentino Rossi 46 Helmet at Revzilla.com|
|Get the AGV K3 Valentino Rossi 46 Helmet at Motosport.com|
|Get the AGV K3 Valentino Rossi 46 Helmet at MotorcycleSuperstore.com|
|Get the AGV K3 Valentino Rossi 46 Helmet at Amazon|