This is the stunning Valentino Rossi ‘Dreamtime’ helmet design which is now available in the new AGV K3 SV range.
The Dreamtime design is definitely at the arty end of the spectrum when it comes to Rossi’s helmet designs – there are no cartoons, and no jokes or humour being poked at on this helmet, it is simply a beautiful Aldo Drudi design that use Aboriginal art as its inspiration.
The layout of the design is very similar to the Gothic design, where Valentino Rossi’s usual icons of a Sun and a Moon are positioned on either side of the helmet. Despite this similarity, the aesthetics are worlds apart, and the Sun and Moon are given a totally different treatment that is created in an intricate design that is full of detail and colour.
Rossi first debuted the Dreamtime helmet design in 2007 during the MotoGP test sessions that were held in Australia, and he also wore it for some races in the 2008 MotoGP season.
This is a beautiful design, and we are really pleased it is being made available in the AGV K3 SV range as you see lots of Rossi replica helmets on the roads, but the Dreamtime design is a rare one. That will probably change now that it is available in the affordable end of the AGV helmet range, so make sure you are at least one of the first out there with it!
The Dreamtime helmet was available for a short period in the AGV K3 range, but that has since been discontinued in favour of teh new AGV K3 SV model.
So what is the difference between the AGV K3 and the AGV K3 SV?: Not that much has changed. The K3 is phasing out in favour of the K3 SV which is basically the same model but with the addition of a built-in sun visor, hence the ‘SV’ lettering in the model name. Everything else that riders love about the K3 (price, quality, aggressive design, etc…) remain intact.
The K3 SV is basically the ideal solution for a cost conscious rider – it is the entry level end of teh AGV range, but to be hinest, their definition of ‘entry level’ has a pretty high bar, with many features on the K3 SV that you find on the premium AGV ranges. It allows a rider to get a race style helmet that is suitable for everyday use that also has great performance at high speeds.
Official Description of the AGV K3 SV Dreamtime helmet:
The K-3 SV was developed from the experience AGV gained during the design process of the Pista GP and Corsa helmets. Thanks to the use of Finite Element Analysis (FEM), the technical department developed a benchmark product in terms of comfort, aerodynamics and safety. This helmet has a wide appeal and is suitable for young riders with a passion for racing as well as for more mature riders looking for comfort and high performance characteristics.
Thanks to CFD Analysis (Computational fluid dynamics), the special ventilation system provides maximum airflow to the head through two front and side vents, one central vent and two extractors at the back of the helmet.
The sanitized Dry-Comfort internal components can be removed for washing. The mechanism for opening and closing the visor has three customisable settings according to helmet use (Touring, Race and City) and features the XQRS system for quick removal.
The K-3 SV has been designed to accept the new integrated communication.
- 2 sizes of HIR-TH shell (High Resistance Thermoplastic Resin)
- Inner shell in EPS in 4 sizes; shell and EPS dimensions optimised using the FEM (Finite Elements Analysis) system
- Homologation: ECE 2205, DOT, JIS, NBR, AS/NZS
- Ventilation system designed and optimised in a wind tunnel, comprising 4 front vents (3 at the front and one on the chin guard) and 2 rear extractors
- XQRS (X-tra Quick Release System) visor mechanism for tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds
- Visor mechanism with PVS system (Perimetrical Visor Seal) for improved seal and protection against draughts and noise thanks to the seat for the visor edge
- Visor micro-opening system
- GT 2 scratch-resistant, anti-fog polycarbonate visor with 100% protection from UV rays
- Integrated removable Sun Visor (ISV) with scratch-resistant visor with tool-free replacement system
- Removable breath deflector
- Removable windproof chin strap protection
- Fully removable and washable 3D inner liners
- Sanitised Dry-Comfort fabrics
- Micrometrically adjustable strap retention system
- Anti-theft ring on strap
- Share System Ready
- Weight: E2205: 1,470g (+/- 50g) in size MS
Check out the review of the AGV K3 SV helmet range from Revzilla:
Image Gallery of the AGV K3 SV Dreamtime helmet:
|Get it at Amazon|
|Get it at Revzilla|
|Get it at MotorcycleSuperstore.com|
|Get it at FC-Moto|