This is the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2015 Helmet which is now available in Limited Edition numbers.
Valentino Rossi first used this helmet during the first MotoGP winter test session for 2015. The winter test took place in Sepang in the usual sweltering conditions, so Rossi chose to inject a bit of humor to the proceedings by using a helmet design based on a woolly Christmas hat. Rossi even brought a proper woolly winter hat (in the same design as his helmet) with him to Sepang.
The helmet was designed by longtime Rossi helmet collaborator, Aldo Drudi, and it features the recognizable yellow and blue colour scheme of Valentino Rossi. The helmet is patterned with various Christmas and winter icons, all made to look like they were knitted around the helmet.
The crown of the helmet features a giant yellow snowflake, and further down the helmet are two further rows of blue ‘cable-knitted’ snowflakes. Inbetween these rows of knitted snowflakes are rows of knitted reindeer, and a row of knitted Christmas tress that run around the base of the helmet.
The rear sides of the helmet feature Rossi’s number 46……made to look like it has been knitted in to the helmet.
This is one of Rossi’s most eyecatching Winter Test helmets.
AGV have now released this design as a Limited Edition in the Corsa helmet range. The Corsa has the performance of the Pista GP (which is the helmet model that Rossi races in) and the characteristics of a helmet for road use. And as an extra bonus, AGV have included a woolly hat in the same style that Rossi wore with each order of this limited edition helmet.
Official description of the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2015 Helmet:
The all new AGV Corsa Helmet is constructed from SSL (Super-Super-Light) Carbon-Kevlar and is based on same helmet worn by the top class Moto GP rider Valentino Rossi (Pista GP).
With an all new shell shape and aerodynamically tested venting system hollowed directly in the shell, the AGV Corsa helmet longs to be at the track. The AGV Corsa has a Cool Max removable and washable interior with hygienic treatment.
It has a Double D retention system and a clear, flat, anti-scratch, Pinlock ready polycarbonate race 2 visor with XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) and tear-off system.
- SSL (Super Super Light) composite fiber, Kevlar® and carbon fiber shell
- Four shell sizes
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with wide ducts hollowed into shell
- Scratch-resistant visor with wide field of vision with tear-off pins, ready and suitable for tear-off shields
- Visor is class 1 optical standard approved for excellent vision
- XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) so you can replace the shield in seconds without the use of tools
- The field of vision is 15 degrees wider and the overall visor window area has been increased by 9% compared to the previous helmet, without compromising its level of protection
- The basic visor movement area has been reduced by 71% compared to the GP-Tech helmet, this allows use of the space saved to increase the thickness of the absorption material, benefiting safety
- Breathable Lycra® micro-porous lining and Dry-Comfort® fabric with sanitizing treatment, fully removable and washable
- Padding has a 3-D concave structure which is pre-shaped according to the morphological characteristics of the head, while the surfaces in direct contact with the head are free from stitching for guaranteed comfort
- DOT and ECE 22.05 certified
Image gallery of the AGV Corsa Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2015 Helmet:
Video showing 360 view of the Valentino Rossi Winter Test 2015 helmet:
Find out where to get this wonderful Valentino Rossi race replica helmet below – don’t forget that orders include a matching limited edition VR46 beanie and helmet bag:
|Get the AGV Corsa Rossi Winter Test 2015 helmet at FC-Moto.com|
|Get the AGV Corsa Rossi Winter Test 2015 helmet at Revzilla|
|Get the AGV Corsa Rossi Winter Test 2015 helmet at MotorcycleSuperstore.com|
|Get the AGV Corsa Rossi Winter Test 2015 helmet at Amazon|