AGV are releasing the Valentino Rossi ‘Watch Out For Sharks’ helmet design that Rossi used during the 2015 Misano MotoGP. The helmet features a small yellow fish positioned at the front that is being chased by a huge shark who is right behind it.
The fish represents Valentino Rossi and the Shark represents all the other racers (mostly Jorge Lorenzo) who are out to beat Rossi at his home race. Valentino was leading the Championship when he arrived for the Misano MotoGP in 2015, and the helmet design was supposed to indicate the pressure he was under for his home race.
It’s a beautiful design and it will be very popular with fans. AGV are releasing this Valentino Rossi replica helmet as a Limited Edition in ther Corsa range, which means it will be a great collectors item.
The Corsa is a premium helmet from AGV that basically combines the performance of the Pista GP (their race spec helmet) with the characteristics and flexibility needed for road use.
The Corsa has the performance of the Pista GP and the characteristics of a helmet for road use.
The shell in CAAF (Carbon-Aramidic-Fiberglass) was designed using FEM techniques (Finite Elements Analysis) and features EPS internal ducts in the shell to provide a small, light helmet which is both comfortable and extremely safe. The result is a helmet that is significantly superior than the limits set by ECE standards and that weighs just 1340 g (refers to MS size ECE 2205 version).
Unlike the Pista GP, the Corsa comes with a system for opening and closing the air vents which makes it a less extreme, more versatile helmet. The entire ventilation system was designed using computational fluid dynamic modelling and wind tunnel tests. This helmet is highly efficient at removing heat and moisture from the rider’s head. Thanks to its large rear spoiler, the Corsa boasts first class performance in terms of aerodynamic penetration and high speed stability. Overall, the visor aperture is 9% bigger meaning a 15° improvement in vision which obviously enhances the active safety factor.
The fit of the Corsa was developed using “Human Engineering” whereby the design starts from the surfaces in contact with the wearer’s head. The inside of the helmet starts with a concave 3D structure that is pre-shaped to match the contours of the rider’s head and any surfaces in contact with the head are stitch-free. The Lycra® and Shalimar® sanitized internal components are fully adjustable due to the fact that the position and depth of the crown pad can be modified as can the thickness of the cheek pads.
The combination of these solutions, which are covered by three separate patents, make the Corsa fit the different cranial shapes as never before.
RACE2 scratch resistant and anti-fog visor (4 layers) with wide field of vision, with 100% UV protection, suitable for Pinlock inserts and tear-off (that come as standard). Visor in compliance with the Class 1 optical standard, measuring up to 3.3mm thick.
- Outer shell is in CAAF Carbon Fibre, Aramid fibre and Glassfibre
- EPS Inner shell in 4 sizes
- IVS Integrated Ventilation System with wide channels hollowed directly in the shell and holes for direct air flow
- Wind Tunnel Optimised Ventilation System
- 3 front vents and 1 chin vent
- 2 rear extractors
- Air vents with open/close mechanism
- Large rear spoiler wind tunnel optimised to maximise aerodynamic performance
- Spoiler designed to detach in the event of an accident to increase the passive safety of the helmet
- New visor mechanism in metal with swivel opening
- Quick release system for tool free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds
- VLS Visor front micro lock system that reduces the risk of accidental opening
- Scratch resistant pinlock ready
- RACE visor pinlock included with a wide viewing angle
- 100 percent protection against UV rays
- Race tear offs included
- Class 1 approved optical standard visor with increased thickness up to 33 mm
- Breathable Lycra liner with differentiated density foam padding
- Customisable crown pad with adjustable padding system for different head shapes to make pad rounder or more oval
- 3D cheek pads in Shalimar differentiated density foam padding
- Inner liners covered by three patents
- The fit can be customised with the insertion of included removable foam pads
- Fully removable and washable inner liners
- Double D retention strap
Image gallery of the Valentino Rossi AGV Corsa ‘What out for Sharks’ helmet:
|Get the AGV Corsa Rossi Misano Shark helmet at FC-Moto.com|
|Get the AGV Corsa Rossi Misano Shark helmet at SportsbikeShop.co.uk|
|Get the AGV Corsa Rossi Misano Shark helmet at DemonTweeks.com|
|Get the AGV Corsa Rossi Misano Shark helmet at|