This is the brand new and updated version of the Pista Valentino Rossi Project 46 helmet. This new version of the AGV Pista GP Project 46 2.0 is the natural successor of the bestselling Pista GP Project 46 and updates the original model with a Matt finish, a shell made from full carbon, and a design that was created for racing.
The Pista GP was first developed during Rossi’s years at Ducati, and it has since evolved into the premier AGV model that is used by many professional racers using AGV helmets.
The actual graphic design on the helmet is identical to the original Pista helmet.
This is about as good a helmet as you can get, but be warned, it is at the expensive end of the scale. The specs for the Pista GP is above and beyond what you would need for everyday road use, and this is a helmet that really comes alive at high speed and on the track. A full carbon fiber helmet specifically designed for racing and the track and developed with AGV Extreme Standards Helmets project and Valentino Rossi, the Pista GP is one of the most innovative helmets ever released by AGV.
AGV Pista GP:
The AGV STANDARDS project, established in 2009 with Valentino Rossi as its leading rider, is ready to get on the track with the first AGV PistaGP helmet. The Pista GP sets new performance standards with its wide field of vision, low weight and compact dimensions, extensive ventilation, exclusive ergonomic design and class-leading aerodynamics.
Development of the Pista GP began by taking measurements of riders’ heads with a digital scanner. These measurements were then used to design the helmet from the “inside out”. It is based on the “Human Engineering” concept and applies to a new design process which starts from the components that are in direct contact with the head and gradually progresses to the outer shell. As a result, the structural shapes imitate the area of contact thus providing greater safety and smaller dimensions. AGV EXTREME STANDARDS HELMETS use FEM (Finite Elements Analysis) to set new standards in safety, comfort and ergonomics. In addition to new levels of safety, the AGV Pista GP sets new standards in environmental protection with the raw materials and new technologies used in production having a focus on low environmental impact.
- The residual impact force transmitted to the head is reduced by 36% compared to the limit established by ECE regulations.
- The HIC index is 48% below the limit established by ECE regulations.
- The basic visor movement area has been reduced by 71% compared to the GP-Tech helmet. This allows use of the space saved to increase the thickness of the absorption material, benefiting safety.
- The visor is Class 1 optical standard approved for excellent vision.
- The field of vision is 15° wider and the overall visor window area has increased by 9% compared to the previous helmet, without compromising its level of protection.
- The Z-Lift index has been reduced by 44% after wind tunnel tests.
- The air intakes have almost tripled in size, whereas the entire ventilation system of the PistaGP helmet removes heat and moisture very efficiently. The padding has a 3D concave structure, which is preshaped according to the morphological characteristics of the head, while the surfaces in direct contact with the head are free from stitching for guaranteed comfort.
- Thanks to its “from the inside out” design, the structural components of the helmet are designed to provide the required performance while minimizing size and weight.
- The frontal cross section has been reduced by 3% and the lateral cross section by 6% compared with the GP-Tech helmet.
- The fit of the PistaGP helmet, covered by three patents, provides an extraordinary high level of comfort and adaptability to different shapes, unknown up to now.
Image gallery of the AGV Pista GP Valentino Rossi Project 46 2.0 Helmet (click to enlarge):
|Get the AGV Pista GP at Amazon|
|Get the AGV Pista GP 2.0 at FC-Moto|
|Get the AGV Pista GP at SportsbikeShop.co.uk|
|Get the AGV Pista GP at Revzilla|
|Get the AGV Pista GP at MotorcycleSuperstore.com|